Navy Yard crane fire leaves 1 man injured
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - February 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- One man is recovering after a crane fire at the Navy Yard in South Philadelphia.
Fire officials say the blaze broke out at 6:30 a.m. Monday in the mechanical room of a 20-story-tall by 300-foot-wide crane on Kitty Hawk Avenue.
It took firefighters about half an hour to place the fire under control.
One man was injured and taken to an area hospital in stable condition.
Investigators are working to determine the cause.
south philadelphia, philadelphia, fire, local/state
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 27 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 12 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche 9 min ago
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South...
12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
44 min ago