Teen girl injured in Delaware Avenue shootout
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - February 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Portions of Delaware Avenue were shutdown Monday morning while police investigated an overnight shooting in South Philadelphia.
The shooting occurred around 3:30 a.m. near the intersection of Delaware and Oregon Avenues.
The preliminary investigation reveals that gunfire was exchanged between two vehicles, injuring one 19-year-old female.
The victim was transported to Thomas Jefferson University Hospital with a gunshot wound to the hand. At last check she was listed in stable condition.
No arrests have been made.
south philadelphia, philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes 21 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police