Trucks collide in Delaware, 1 person injured
MIDDLETOWN, Del. - February 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- One person was injured after two trucks collided in Middletown, New Castle County.
Chopper 6 HD was over the scene after 10:00 a.m. Monday.
It happened at Old Summit Bridge Road and Summit Bridge Road.
Aerial images showed a large dump truck that appeared to have rear-ended an empty car-carrier. The dump truck appeared to have sustained heavy front-end damage.
State police tell Action News that one person was trapped in the wreckage for 25 minutes.
Medics airlifted that person to Christiana Hospital. There has been no word on his or her condition.
The accident remains under investigation.
delaware, accident, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools relocating students, staff Friday 13 min ago
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers 35 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
53 min ago