Worker killed in Falls Twp. sugar plant accident
FALLS TWP., Pa. - February 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- A worker is dead after falling into a sugar hopper at a processing plant in Falls Township, Bucks County.
Police tell Action News the temporary worker at the facility was walking on a catwalk when he fell into a large sugar vat.
Authorities were called to the CSC Sugar plant at around 2:40 p.m. when workers noticed the man was missing.
When the man's car was found to still be in the parking lot, the search focused inside the plant.
Around an hour later, coworkers found the worker's body inside the vat.
Police say there is no indication of foul play.
An autopsy will be performed on the victim to see if he suffered any type of medical condition prior to falling.
The name of the worker has not been released.
CSC Sugar refines sugar cane and supplies sugar to Snapple, Turkey Hill, Ben and Jerry's and Wawa for their products.
pennsylvania, bucks county, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 6 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower