Worker killed in Falls Twp. sugar plant accident
FALLS TWP., Pa. - February 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- A worker is dead after falling into a sugar hopper at a processing plant in Falls Township, Bucks County.
Police tell Action News the temporary worker at the facility was walking on a catwalk when he fell into a large sugar vat.
Authorities were called to the CSC Sugar plant at around 2:40 p.m. when workers noticed the man was missing.
When the man's car was found to still be in the parking lot, the search focused inside the plant.
Around an hour later, coworkers found the worker's body inside the vat.
Police say there is no indication of foul play.
An autopsy will be performed on the victim to see if he suffered any type of medical condition prior to falling.
The name of the worker has not been released.
CSC Sugar refines sugar cane and supplies sugar to Snapple, Turkey Hill, Ben and Jerry's and Wawa for their products.
pennsylvania, bucks county, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ 3 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware 57 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 47 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands