Worker killed in Falls Twp. sugar plant accident
FALLS TWP., Pa. - February 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- A worker is dead after falling into a sugar hopper at a processing plant in Falls Township, Bucks County.
Police tell Action News the temporary worker at the facility was walking on a catwalk when he fell into a large sugar vat.
Authorities were called to the CSC Sugar plant at around 2:40 p.m. when workers noticed the man was missing.
When the man's car was found to still be in the parking lot, the search focused inside the plant.
Around an hour later, coworkers found the worker's body inside the vat.
Police say there is no indication of foul play.
An autopsy will be performed on the victim to see if he suffered any type of medical condition prior to falling.
The name of the worker has not been released.
CSC Sugar refines sugar cane and supplies sugar to Snapple, Turkey Hill, Ben and Jerry's and Wawa for their products.
pennsylvania, bucks county, local/state
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 42 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours 18 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings 37 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa. 39 min ago
- Baby, man injured in SEPTA bus accident
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina 35 min ago
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school
- 2 arrested for stealing tractor in Franklin Township
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- SEPTA announces fare hikes
- Down At The Shore 53 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
39 min ago