Worker killed in Falls Twp. sugar plant accident
FALLS TWP., Pa. - February 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- A worker is dead after falling into a sugar hopper at a processing plant in Falls Township, Bucks County.
Police tell Action News the temporary worker at the facility was walking on a catwalk when he fell into a large sugar vat.
Authorities were called to the CSC Sugar plant at around 2:40 p.m. when workers noticed the man was missing.
When the man's car was found to still be in the parking lot, the search focused inside the plant.
Around an hour later, coworkers found the worker's body inside the vat.
Police say there is no indication of foul play.
An autopsy will be performed on the victim to see if he suffered any type of medical condition prior to falling.
The name of the worker has not been released.
CSC Sugar refines sugar cane and supplies sugar to Snapple, Turkey Hill, Ben and Jerry's and Wawa for their products.
pennsylvania, bucks county, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 28 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
19 min ago
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
28 min ago