Man arrested after alleged threat at Delaware Park Casino
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - February 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have arrested a man they say threatened the staff at a Wilmington casino.
Troopers say about 11 p.m. Sunday, a man demanded that a security officer at Delaware Park Casino take one of his relatives out of the casino. Police say the man threatened to go to the casino with an assault rifle.
Authorities say they found the man in the casino parking lot next to his car. Troopers say they searched the man and found a magazine containing 20 rounds of ammunition in his pocket. Police say a search of his car turned up an assault rifle.
A subsequent search of Buchanan's residence was conducted and a Century Arms 7.62mm assault rifle and additional 7.62mm ammunition was located, along with a Ruger 9mm semiautomatic handgun.
28-year-old Brandon Buchanan of Wilmington was charged with reckless endangering and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony. He is being held on $62,350 cash bond.
delaware, wilmington, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed