Arrest made in Springfield Twp. hit-and-run on day of victim's funeral
SPRINGFIELD TWP., Pa. - February 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- On the same day the victim of a hit-and-run in Delaware County was buried, police announced an arrest in his death.
The hit-and-run happened back on July 4th in the 100 block of North State Road in Springfield Township.
Delaware County investigators say Precurie Huynh, 29, of Upper Darby is the man who ran over 28-year-old Thomas Quercetti on State Road in the early morning hours of July 4th.
Huynh was arrested and charged for the hit and run crime today.
Today was also the day Quercetti was buried by his family after finally being taken off life support.
"They've been through a lot. The family has been devastated by this loss," Delaware County District Attorney Jack Whelan said.
Investigators say they were able to track down Huynh's vehicle from the pieces of the headlamp that were on the scene.
"All they had to work with on July 4th was very small pieces of a head lamp," Whelan said.
Those pieces were sent to the FBI lab in Quantico, Virginia.
Last month, detectives in Springfield got the news that the striking vehicle was a Toyota 4Runner made between 2010 and 2012.
"That's all the information we had. We didn't even have the color of the vehicle at that point in time," Whelan said.
But they tracked replacement parts for 4Runners in our region.
Conicelli Toyota in Conshohocken informed investigators they sent a replacement lamp to Essington Auto Center in early July, just days after the accident.
The owner of the auto body shop identified Huynh and told investigators the 29-year-old paid cash to have extensive repairs done to the front end of his vehicle.
Huynh remains behind bars Monday night.
Bail was set at $500,000 cash.
Police say he faces a maximum of 7 years behind bars if convicted.
Whelan said that Quercetti's family members came to the police station after his funeral to learn of the arrest.
pennsylvania, delaware county, hit and run, local/state
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion 27 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday 3 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls 33 min ago
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill 35 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 22 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
27 min ago
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East...
33 min ago
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts...
22 min ago
- SPCA rescues abandoned dog in Germantown
26 min ago