Guilty plea in Phoenixville robbery, murder
PHOENIXVILLE, Pa. - February 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Delaware County man who was about to stand trial for robbery and murder has instead pleaded guilty.
21-year-old Saleem Williams admitted Monday that he shot and killed 23-year-old Selvin Lopez Maurico.
It happened back in September, 2011 in Phoenixville.
Prosecutors say Lopez Maurico had just finished working a shift at Wendy's when he was robbed near his home.
Williams will spend between 40 and 80 years in prison.
pennsylvania, homicide, robbery, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police