Fire rips through SW Philly abandoned home
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - February 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters battled a blaze that ripped through an abandoned home in Southwest Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The fire broke out just before 2:00 a.m. on the 2100 block of South Simpson Street.
Crews arrived to smoke and flames showing from the second floor.
Officials say it was an abandoned property but witnesses told Action News that the house may have been occupied by squatters.
The fire was placed under control within twenty minutes and no one was hurt.
Investigators are trying to determine the cause of the blaze.
fire, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 9 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 32 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police