Fire rips through SW Philly abandoned home
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - February 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters battled a blaze that ripped through an abandoned home in Southwest Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The fire broke out just before 2:00 a.m. on the 2100 block of South Simpson Street.
Crews arrived to smoke and flames showing from the second floor.
Officials say it was an abandoned property but witnesses told Action News that the house may have been occupied by squatters.
The fire was placed under control within twenty minutes and no one was hurt.
Investigators are trying to determine the cause of the blaze.
fire, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 6 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos