Mother of 4 allegedly killed by boss in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - February 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A West Philadelphia community is grieving after a mother of four was allegedly gunned down by her own boss.
It happened around 8:15 a.m. Tuesday, just after 37-year-old Jennifer Fitzpatrick dropped off two of her four children at school.
She was walking home when, police say, 61-year-old Anthony Alexander started chasing her down the 600 block of Yewdall Street firing a shotgun.
Witnesses called police, who were on their way when Alexander allegedly caught up with Fitzpatrick and shot her dead as she tried to get into her car.
Police spotted Alexander fleeing in a black Mercedes and caught up with him at 47th and Brown, a block from his auto repair shop.
Fitzpatrick's mother and oldest daughter were home when she was gunned down right in front of her house.
"I ran out and I saw her mother kneeling next to her daughter laying on the ground and the mother was just screaming," neighbor Terri Champion said.
Police say Fitzpatrick worked for Alexander at his auto repair shop.
They say she had recently broken off a romantic relationship and had gotten a Protection From Abuse Order against Alexander.
Fitzpatrick's mother and her daughter had little to say as they left the house still in shock on Tuesday afternoon.
They both described her simply as a 'beautiful woman.'
Neighbors are rattled by the outburst in what they call a stable and quiet area.
"I never expected her, anybody for that matter, but her, come on, beautiful young girl always kept a smile," neighbor Ron Thompson said.
Police say Alexander has never been arrested before. Investigators say has confessed to the crime, and told them he 'just snapped.'
homicide, west philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands