Woman, 89, robbed in Wilmington supermarket parking lot
WILMINGTON, Del. - February 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say an 89-year-old woman was robbed outside a grocery store in Wilmington on Monday.
The robbery happened at 7:16 p.m. in the parking lot of the Pathmark store located at 3901 Lancaster Pike.
According to police, the victim was loading groceries into her car when the suspect ran up and punched the woman in the head, knocking her to the ground.
The suspect then went to the front seat of the car and grabbed the victim's waist pack, which contained money and credit cards, before fleeing the scene.
The victim was transported to Saint Francis Hospital where she was treated for minor injuries.
The suspect is described only as a black male wearing dark clothing.
Investigators are asking anyone who may have any information in reference to this incident to contact police at 302-834-2630 extension 6. You can also provide a tip by texting keyword "DSP" plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES), or through lines maintained by Delaware Crime Stoppers at (800) TIP-3333. Information can also be submitted through the internet at www.tipsubmit.com.
robbery, assault, wilmington, delaware, local/state
- 2 winners in $636M Mega Millions drawing
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem 36 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester 23 min ago
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar 29 min ago
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor