Woman, 89, robbed in Wilmington supermarket parking lot
WILMINGTON, Del. - February 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say an 89-year-old woman was robbed outside a grocery store in Wilmington on Monday.
The robbery happened at 7:16 p.m. in the parking lot of the Pathmark store located at 3901 Lancaster Pike.
According to police, the victim was loading groceries into her car when the suspect ran up and punched the woman in the head, knocking her to the ground.
The suspect then went to the front seat of the car and grabbed the victim's waist pack, which contained money and credit cards, before fleeing the scene.
The victim was transported to Saint Francis Hospital where she was treated for minor injuries.
The suspect is described only as a black male wearing dark clothing.
Investigators are asking anyone who may have any information in reference to this incident to contact police at 302-834-2630 extension 6. You can also provide a tip by texting keyword "DSP" plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES), or through lines maintained by Delaware Crime Stoppers at (800) TIP-3333. Information can also be submitted through the internet at www.tipsubmit.com.
robbery, assault, wilmington, delaware, local/state
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch