New Castle County courthouse evacuation over
WILMINGTON - February 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- The New Castle County courthouse in Wilmington, Delaware was evacuated because of police activity, but the all clear was sounded just before 4 p.m.
Police say a threat against the courthouse was phone in at 12:12 p.m. But after a thorough search of the building nothing was found.
The courthouse, along with nearby businesses in the 800 block of North King Street, were evacuated.
The courthouse re-opened before 4 p.m.
King Street was closed from 8th Street to 4th Street, but it has also reopened.
The New Castle County courthouse was the scene of a shooting earlier this month that left two women dead.
delaware, wilmington, new castle county, local/state
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme 18 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death 18 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos