New Castle County courthouse evacuation over
WILMINGTON - February 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- The New Castle County courthouse in Wilmington, Delaware was evacuated because of police activity, but the all clear was sounded just before 4 p.m.
Police say a threat against the courthouse was phone in at 12:12 p.m. But after a thorough search of the building nothing was found.
The courthouse, along with nearby businesses in the 800 block of North King Street, were evacuated.
The courthouse re-opened before 4 p.m.
King Street was closed from 8th Street to 4th Street, but it has also reopened.
The New Castle County courthouse was the scene of a shooting earlier this month that left two women dead.
delaware, wilmington, new castle county, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations 18 min ago
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Obama heading to South Africa 48 min ago
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
54 min ago