Car strikes SEPTA trolley in SW Phila.
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - February 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- SEPTA officials are investigating a trolley accident in Southwest Philadelphia.
The accident happened at Woodland and Island avenues around 4:00 p.m.
Officials say a vehicle hit the back of a route 11 trolley at the intersection.
There is no word on injuries.
Two ambulances have been sent to the scene.
SEPTA is running shuttles buses between Darby and Southwest Philadelphia.
philadelphia, SEPTA, accident, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 5 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 28 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police