Son of former Trenton police officer killed; 2 charged
TRENTON, N.J. - February 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two men have been charged in connection with the shooting death of the son of a former Trenton police officer.
Police arrested 22-year-old Robert Bartley at 9:00 a.m. Wednesday at a property on Hanford Place in Trenton.
20-year-old Raheem Currie was also arrested.
Police say Bartley and Currie were with 18-year-old James Austin Tuesday afternoon in the 900 block of East State Street in Trenton when an argument broke out between Austin and Currie.
Suddenly, police say, Bartley pulled out a gun and shot Austin in the chest.
Austin was taken to Capital Health Regional Medical Center where he died of his injuries.
Austin, the recent father of twins, was the son of former Trenton Police Sgt. Luddie Austin, featured on the A&E reality TV series Manhunters: Fugitive Task Force.
Bartley has been charged with murder, weapons offenses and burglary.
Currie has been charged with unlawful possession of a weapon.
new jersey, trenton, shooting, teens, local/state
- Bicyclist impaled on fence in Fairmount Park 2 min ago
- Another Beauty 58 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Shots fired at man sitting on steps in Point Breeze 13 min ago
- Water main break buckles road in South Philly 29 min ago
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Bicyclist impaled on fence in Fairmount Park
2 min ago