Point Breeze shooting victim drives to police station
POINT BREEZE - February 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a man drove himself to the police station after being shot in the Point Breeze section of Philadelphia Tuesday night.
The shooting happened around 10:30 p.m. on the 1300 block of South Cleveland Street.
According to police, a 29-year-old man was shot several times in the chest.
The victim managed to drive himself to the 17th police district at 20th and Point Breeze Avenue.
He then was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and admitted in critical condition.
Police say they found multiple gun casings from a 9MM weapon at the scene.
So far, no arrests have been made in the shooting.
shooting, point breeze, philadelphia, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 57 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
31 min ago