Point Breeze shooting victim drives to police station
POINT BREEZE - February 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a man drove himself to the police station after being shot in the Point Breeze section of Philadelphia Tuesday night.
The shooting happened around 10:30 p.m. on the 1300 block of South Cleveland Street.
According to police, a 29-year-old man was shot several times in the chest.
The victim managed to drive himself to the 17th police district at 20th and Point Breeze Avenue.
He then was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and admitted in critical condition.
Police say they found multiple gun casings from a 9MM weapon at the scene.
So far, no arrests have been made in the shooting.
shooting, point breeze, philadelphia, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 45 min ago
- Warmer Weekend 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 47 min ago
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands 51 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 53 min ago
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield 28 min ago
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 49 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova...
45 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
47 min ago
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for...
51 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
19 min ago