Point Breeze shooting victim drives to police station
POINT BREEZE - February 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a man drove himself to the police station after being shot in the Point Breeze section of Philadelphia Tuesday night.
The shooting happened around 10:30 p.m. on the 1300 block of South Cleveland Street.
According to police, a 29-year-old man was shot several times in the chest.
The victim managed to drive himself to the 17th police district at 20th and Point Breeze Avenue.
He then was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and admitted in critical condition.
Police say they found multiple gun casings from a 9MM weapon at the scene.
So far, no arrests have been made in the shooting.
shooting, point breeze, philadelphia, local/state
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Steamy Situation 25 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep 28 min ago
- Young and Howard lift Phillies over Marlins
- Video: Philly's new skateboard park opens 32 min ago
- Kellie Pickler named new DWTS champ 13 min ago