Point Breeze shooting victim drives to police station
POINT BREEZE - February 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a man drove himself to the police station after being shot in the Point Breeze section of Philadelphia Tuesday night.
The shooting happened around 10:30 p.m. on the 1300 block of South Cleveland Street.
According to police, a 29-year-old man was shot several times in the chest.
The victim managed to drive himself to the 17th police district at 20th and Point Breeze Avenue.
He then was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and admitted in critical condition.
Police say they found multiple gun casings from a 9MM weapon at the scene.
So far, no arrests have been made in the shooting.
shooting, point breeze, philadelphia, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 42 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1