Point Breeze shooting victim drives to police station
POINT BREEZE - February 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a man drove himself to the police station after being shot in the Point Breeze section of Philadelphia Tuesday night.
The shooting happened around 10:30 p.m. on the 1300 block of South Cleveland Street.
According to police, a 29-year-old man was shot several times in the chest.
The victim managed to drive himself to the 17th police district at 20th and Point Breeze Avenue.
He then was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and admitted in critical condition.
Police say they found multiple gun casings from a 9MM weapon at the scene.
So far, no arrests have been made in the shooting.
shooting, point breeze, philadelphia, local/state
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 25 min ago
- Warmer Weekend 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Runway littered with holiday mail 4 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 7 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Warmer Weekend
14 min ago