Police investigate death of Penn State student
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - February 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in State College are investigating the death of a Penn State student found unresponsive in an off-campus apartment last month.
The Centre Daily Times reports 19-year-old Stephen Lyne was discovered by his roommates Jan. 19. Officials say he was taken to the hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
University spokeswoman Lisa Powers says State College police are investigating. She says university police are not involved at this time. The cause of death was not immediately known.
Powers says university staff have reached out to the teen's family. She called the death "devastating" and says the university's hearts go out to Lyne's family and friends.v ___
Information from: Centre Daily Times
alcohol, college, students, pennsylvania state university, pennsylvania, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ