Police investigate death of Penn State student
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - February 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in State College are investigating the death of a Penn State student found unresponsive in an off-campus apartment last month.
The Centre Daily Times reports 19-year-old Stephen Lyne was discovered by his roommates Jan. 19. Officials say he was taken to the hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
University spokeswoman Lisa Powers says State College police are investigating. She says university police are not involved at this time. The cause of death was not immediately known.
Powers says university staff have reached out to the teen's family. She called the death "devastating" and says the university's hearts go out to Lyne's family and friends.v ___
Information from: Centre Daily Times
alcohol, college, students, pennsylvania state university, pennsylvania, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands