Robber with fake gun holds up Rite Aid in East Oak Lane (VIDEO)
EAST OAK LANE - February 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are looking for a man caught on camera robbing a Rite Aid store while pretending to have a gun in his pocket.
It happened at 5:44 p.m. Monday at the Rite Aid store in the 6700 block of North 5th Street in East Oak Lane.
Police say the man walked into the store, approached a clerk a cash register and demanded money.
As he made the demand, he kept his left hand in his jacket pocket and gestured with it as if he were holding a weapon.
The clerk gave the suspect $357 from the register, and the man fled.
Police have released the following description of the suspect:
White male, 40-50 years old, 6'0" tall, 200 lbs, gray-blue beard, wearing a dark colored "Yankees" baseball cap, black colored flight jacket with a gold zipper, black cargo/military style pants and brown work boots.
Anyone with information about this crime or this suspect is asked to call Detective Revell at the Philadelphia Police Northwest Detective Division, 215-686-3353/3354.
philadelphia, robbery, caught on camera, local/state
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing 58 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 1 min ago
- Woman's body found in Berks County 52 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 28 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser