Robber with fake gun holds up Rite Aid in East Oak Lane (VIDEO)
EAST OAK LANE - February 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are looking for a man caught on camera robbing a Rite Aid store while pretending to have a gun in his pocket.
It happened at 5:44 p.m. Monday at the Rite Aid store in the 6700 block of North 5th Street in East Oak Lane.
Police say the man walked into the store, approached a clerk a cash register and demanded money.
As he made the demand, he kept his left hand in his jacket pocket and gestured with it as if he were holding a weapon.
The clerk gave the suspect $357 from the register, and the man fled.
Police have released the following description of the suspect:
White male, 40-50 years old, 6'0" tall, 200 lbs, gray-blue beard, wearing a dark colored "Yankees" baseball cap, black colored flight jacket with a gold zipper, black cargo/military style pants and brown work boots.
Anyone with information about this crime or this suspect is asked to call Detective Revell at the Philadelphia Police Northwest Detective Division, 215-686-3353/3354.
philadelphia, robbery, caught on camera, local/state
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall 37 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man gunned down at water ice stand 47 min ago
- Bicyclist shoots man in face in SW Philadelphia 7 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia 45 min ago
- Man shot in the head in Camden; suspect sought 43 min ago
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
47 min ago