Robber with fake gun holds up Rite Aid in East Oak Lane (VIDEO)
EAST OAK LANE - February 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are looking for a man caught on camera robbing a Rite Aid store while pretending to have a gun in his pocket.
It happened at 5:44 p.m. Monday at the Rite Aid store in the 6700 block of North 5th Street in East Oak Lane.
Police say the man walked into the store, approached a clerk a cash register and demanded money.
As he made the demand, he kept his left hand in his jacket pocket and gestured with it as if he were holding a weapon.
The clerk gave the suspect $357 from the register, and the man fled.
Police have released the following description of the suspect:
White male, 40-50 years old, 6'0" tall, 200 lbs, gray-blue beard, wearing a dark colored "Yankees" baseball cap, black colored flight jacket with a gold zipper, black cargo/military style pants and brown work boots.
Anyone with information about this crime or this suspect is asked to call Detective Revell at the Philadelphia Police Northwest Detective Division, 215-686-3353/3354.
philadelphia, robbery, caught on camera, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with Taxi Cab in Olney 30 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Clouds to sun, cool today
7 min ago