Robber steals 513 gal. of diesel fuel using bread truck, police say
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - February 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Southwest Philadelphia man has been charged with using a bread truck to steal hundreds of gallons of diesel fuel from a Wawa store.
Police say some time before Monday February 4th at 11:30 a.m., 55-year-old Keith Jones of the 5500 block of Belmar Terrace backed a Stroehmann's delivery truck up to the diesel fuel ground pump at the Wawa store in the 8200 block of Bartram Avenue.
Surveillance video showed the truck parked there for over 40 minutes, while police say Jones tampered with the pump, then siphoned 513 gallons of diesel fuel into containers inside the truck.
Police say the video shows the truck leaving the parking lot extremely weighted down in the rear.
Officers arrested Jones at his home on Monday.
He has been charged with theft, criminal mischief and related offenses.
philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 21 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
3 min ago