Claymont murder victim was beaten with bat, police say
CLAYMONT, Del. - February 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man beaten to death in Claymont, Delaware was attacked with a baseball bat.
Investigators released a photo of a bat like the one used to kill the man, 43-year-old Wayne Capelli.
Cappelli's body was discovered by a passerby near a home in the 2100 block of Delaview Avenue just before 8:00 a.m. on February 16th.
Investigators believe he was attacked the previous Saturday night at or near that location. Cappelli died from blunt force trauma to his upper body.
Anyone with information about the murder is asked to contact police 302-395-8110.
body found, homicide, beating, delaware, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 25 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
25 min ago