Claymont murder victim was beaten with bat, police say
CLAYMONT, Del. - February 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man beaten to death in Claymont, Delaware was attacked with a baseball bat.
Investigators released a photo of a bat like the one used to kill the man, 43-year-old Wayne Capelli.
Cappelli's body was discovered by a passerby near a home in the 2100 block of Delaview Avenue just before 8:00 a.m. on February 16th.
Investigators believe he was attacked the previous Saturday night at or near that location. Cappelli died from blunt force trauma to his upper body.
Anyone with information about the murder is asked to contact police 302-395-8110.
body found, homicide, beating, delaware, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apartments 2 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
17 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
2 min ago