Man falls onto tracks, fatally struck by SEPTA train in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - February 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man accidentally fell onto tracks and was fatally struck by a SEPTA train in South Philadelphia.
The accident happened just before 7:00 p.m. at Broad and Tasker streets.
Officials say a man accidentally fell onto the tracks at the Tasker-Morris Station and was struck by a northbound train.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim has not been publicly identified, but Action News has learned that surveillance video showed him stumbling on the platform before the train arrived.
The fatal accident caused the Broad Street Line to run on delays, with trains not stopping at the Tasker-Morris Station.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, train accident, accident, SEPTA, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 1 min ago
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 2 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school