Man falls onto tracks, fatally struck by SEPTA train in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - February 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man accidentally fell onto tracks and was fatally struck by a SEPTA train in South Philadelphia.
The accident happened just before 7:00 p.m. at Broad and Tasker streets.
Officials say a man accidentally fell onto the tracks at the Tasker-Morris Station and was struck by a northbound train.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim has not been publicly identified, but Action News has learned that surveillance video showed him stumbling on the platform before the train arrived.
The fatal accident caused the Broad Street Line to run on delays, with trains not stopping at the Tasker-Morris Station.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, train accident, accident, SEPTA, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 49 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ