Kensington fast-moving blaze damages 2 houses
KENSINGTON - February 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A fast-moving fire has damaged two houses in Kensington early Thursday morning.
The fire broke out just before 4:00 a.m. on the 2100 block of Hagert Street.
Officials say the fire started in a vacant house and then spread to a neighboring home.
Neighbors say this is the third fire within the last few month on this block.
Two people were displaced and, so far, there are no reports of injuries.
The Fire Marshal was called to the scene to determine the cause of the blaze.
fire, kensington, philadelphia, local/state
- 40 homes threatened in NJ forest fire 7 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Police probe pizza deliveryman shooting in SW Phila.
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos