4th Philly-area teen sentenced in woman's beating
MEDIA, Pa. (AP) - February 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A fourth teenage girl has been sentenced to prison in the videotaped beating of a mentally disabled woman as she sat on her stoop in a city outside Philadelphia.
Investigators allege the six teens punched and kicked the 48-year-old Chester woman and hit her with a shoe and a chair in September, apparently for fun. One recorded the beating, which was posted online.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports 16-year-old Janyea Bell pleaded guilty to charges of conspiracy to commit aggravated assault and conspiracy to recklessly endanger another person. She's sentenced to 6 to 23 months in prison.
Bell apologized to the victim's family in court Tuesday. Two other juveniles and a 19-year-old woman have also been sentenced to prison in the case.
The remaining defendants are seeking to have their cases moved to juvenile court.
assault, teens, media, pennsylvania, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 20 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 4 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 24 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 24 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 24 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
20 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
24 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
24 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
10 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos