NJ nurse found guilty of assault on disabled man
CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) - February 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A male nurse in southern New Jersey has been found guilty of sexually assaulting a quadriplegic man in his care and videotaping the incident.
The Burlington County Times reports (http://on.app.com/YItQZz ) a Superior Court jury in Mount Holly took just 90 minutes Wednesday to find 43-year-old Steven Young guilty on two counts each of aggravated sexual assault, aggravated criminal sexual contact, and invasion of privacy.
During the trial, jurors watched a graphic video of Young performing oral sex on the Medford man, who was in his care.
Young had admitted to performing the act, but said it was consensual.
Prosecutors say the 34-year-old "catastrophically injured" alleged victim was nonverbal and incapacitated and therefore unable to consent.
Young could face up to 40 years in prison at his May 17 sentencing.
assault, new jersey, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police