'Gingerbread Man' arrested on drug charges
LANSDALE, Pa. - February 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man who allegedly taunted police on social media while eluding capture on drug charges, calling himself the "Gingerbread Man," is now in custody.
Mark William Gross, Jr., 21, of Hatfield Township, was arrested on Monday after a four-month-long search.
Lansdale Police say they received a tip back on October that Gross was allegedly selling drugs.
Police say they conducted surveillance and saw Gross sell cocaine and prescription medication to another person.
An arrest warrant was issued in December, but Gross couldn't be found.
Last week, police issued a news release asking for the public's help in finding him.
On that same day, police say Gross posted a message to a social media site that said "im not turnin my self....run run as fast as u can u cant catch me im da ginger bread man......sincierly da gingerbread man."
Two days later, police say Gross contacted officers and said he would, in fact, turn himself in. However, he never arrived.
Three days went by with no sign of him, until an officer saw him inside a car in the parking lot of a Lansdale apartment complex.
Gross got out of the vehicle and ran, police say, throwing four bags of suspected heroin during a foot chase. Police managed to catch him and the suspected heroin was recovered.
Gross has been charged with drug violations and avoiding apprehension.
He is being held on $25,000 bail in the alleged October drug sale and $10,000 bail in the alleged February drug possession.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, drugs, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 3 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 46 min ago
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos