Arrest made in Port Richmond robbery
PORT RICHMOND - February 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have arrested 24-year-old Leroy Clark for the robbery of a teen in the Port Richmond section of Philadelphia.
The robbery occurred on January 28th just before midnight in the 2900 block of Frankford Avenue.
Police say, Clark and the 17-year-old male victim were inside LJ's Cafe and after briefly speaking to each other, they both went outside.
Once outside, Leroy Clark pulled a gun out and demanded money from the teen.
The victim stated, he did not have any money and turned to run away, and that's when Clark fired the gun, striking the victim in the back, police say.
The suspect then fled on foot heading west on Orleans Street.
After several tips, police arrested Leroy Clark on February 21st in the 4800 block of Camac Street in Logan.
Clark, from the 400 block of Bringhurst Street is charged with robbery and related offenses.
robbery, port richmond, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police