Man convicted in 1993 Phila. officer murder to be executed
PHILADELPHIA - February 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- The man convicted of killing a Philadelphia police officer 20 years ago is now one step closer to dying for his crime.
Governor Tom Corbett signed the execution warrant today for Borgela Philistin.
Philistin killed Officer Robert Hayes during a traffic stop back in 1993.
Hayes' partner, John Marynowitz, was also shot and paralyzed.
Philistin will die by lethal injection.
A date for his execution has not been set.
Pennsylvania has not executed anyone since 1999.
philadelphia, police, homicide, shooting, local/state
- 1 death reported in East Harlem building explosion 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 24 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- Carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 58 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
40 min ago
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New...
36 min ago