Students protest Pencader Charter School closure
NEW CASTLE, Del. - February 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A crowd of students came together to protest the closing of their charter school in Delaware.
The students of Pencader Charter School chanted and carried signs, saying they didn't want the state to break up their school family.
The New Castle school has had academic, financial, and administrative problems.
It's under new leadership, but the state Board of Education voted to close the school last week.
That would affect 400 students.
Many of them were at today's rally and say they're suffering for other people's mistakes.
School board members say they don't have confidence in the charter school's new leadership.
delaware, new castle county, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police