Students protest Pencader Charter School closure
NEW CASTLE, Del. - February 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A crowd of students came together to protest the closing of their charter school in Delaware.
The students of Pencader Charter School chanted and carried signs, saying they didn't want the state to break up their school family.
The New Castle school has had academic, financial, and administrative problems.
It's under new leadership, but the state Board of Education voted to close the school last week.
That would affect 400 students.
Many of them were at today's rally and say they're suffering for other people's mistakes.
School board members say they don't have confidence in the charter school's new leadership.
delaware, new castle county, local/state
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 48 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 33 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep 43 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 56 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 59 min ago
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 47 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 49 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
33 min ago
- Art of Aging: Retirement opportunities
30 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
49 min ago