Drug bust yields $38,000 of marijuana, 2 arrests
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man and a teenage boy from Wilmington are behind bars, charged with possession of marijuana.
Members of the Wilmington Police Drug Organized Crime Vice unit stopped Felix Garcia, 39, of West 3rd Street, and a 17-year-old boy in the 1500 block of Lancaster Avenue Thursday.
Officers searched both men. Police say they found 17 pounds of marijuana and more than $800 in suspected drug proceeds.
After they obtained a warrant and searched Garcia's home, police found more pot and drug paraphernalia.
Investigators say the total amount of marijuana seized has a street value of more than $38,000.
The teenage boy was sent to juvenile detention.
Garcia is behind bars in lieu of $20,000 bail.
delaware, drugs, marijuana, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police