Drug bust yields $38,000 of marijuana, 2 arrests
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man and a teenage boy from Wilmington are behind bars, charged with possession of marijuana.
Members of the Wilmington Police Drug Organized Crime Vice unit stopped Felix Garcia, 39, of West 3rd Street, and a 17-year-old boy in the 1500 block of Lancaster Avenue Thursday.
Officers searched both men. Police say they found 17 pounds of marijuana and more than $800 in suspected drug proceeds.
After they obtained a warrant and searched Garcia's home, police found more pot and drug paraphernalia.
Investigators say the total amount of marijuana seized has a street value of more than $38,000.
The teenage boy was sent to juvenile detention.
Garcia is behind bars in lieu of $20,000 bail.
delaware, drugs, marijuana, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- South Street area restaurants damaged, burglarized
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)