Fire forces 5 people from West Phila. home
PHILADELPHIA - March 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Smoke and flames forced five people out of their home in West Philadelphia Saturday morning.
Fire broke out on the 5900 block of Walton Street just after 1:30 a.m. Crews arrived to find thick, black smoke pouring from the second floor of the home.
Crews managed to get the fire under control in about 20 minutes.
All five residents were able to escape unharmed.
The cause fire remains under investigation.
fire, west philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Temps Soar 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 19 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Temps Soar
3 min ago