Fire forces 5 people from West Phila. home
PHILADELPHIA - March 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Smoke and flames forced five people out of their home in West Philadelphia Saturday morning.
Fire broke out on the 5900 block of Walton Street just after 1:30 a.m. Crews arrived to find thick, black smoke pouring from the second floor of the home.
Crews managed to get the fire under control in about 20 minutes.
All five residents were able to escape unharmed.
The cause fire remains under investigation.
fire, west philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 52 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Package prompts evac at Del. National Guard base 10 min ago
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 50 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security 35 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!