Arrest in attack on elderly woman in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have arrested an 18-year-old woman for assaulting and robbing an elderly woman in a grocery store parking lot in Wilmington.
Delaware State Police say 18-year-old Quatessa Ross of Wilmington was arrested Friday in the attack.
Investigators say Ross ran up to an 89-year-old woman who was loading groceries into her car Feb. 25 at a Pathmark store parking lot.
Police say Ross punched the elderly woman in the head, knocking her to the ground. Police say Ross stole the victim's waist pack containing money and credits cards and ran away.
The victim was taken to a hospital where she was treated and released. Doctors later found she had suffered a bone fracture.
Ross is charged with first-degree robbery and second-degree assault. She's held on a $32,000 cash bail.
robbery, assault, wilmington, delaware, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 1 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Video: President Obama impersonator meets the real... 24 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos