Woman stabbed 10 times in Kingsessing
KINGSESSING - March 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say a woman was stabbed approximately 10 times late Saturday night in the Kingsessing section of the city.
The incident occurred around 11:50 p.m. in the 1700 block of South 58th Street.
Police say it began with a fight between two females, a 23-year-old and 18-year-old.
During the fight, police say the 18-year-old pulled out a knife and stabbed the 23-year-old.
The 23-year-old was stabbed approximately 10 times, including in the back, the left arm, the left leg and the back of the head
The stabbing victim was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where she is in stable condition.
The 18-year-old turned herself into police at midnight. She told police she stabbed someone.
Police say the knife has been recovered.
philadelphia, stabbing, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police