Man opens fire near Center City club fight, police say
CENTER CITY - March 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are searching for a man who opened fire at a group of people outside of a Center City nightclub.
Police responded to Club Roar located at 720 Arch Street around 2:00 a.m. after they received reports of a fight outside the club.
Once on location, and while dispersing the crowd, police say gunshots were heard.
Three of the responding officers noticed a man firing a handgun in the direction of 9th and Arch streets.
The gunman then fled in through a parking lot on the northeast corner of 8th and Arch.
Police describe the suspect as a black male with a beard, 6' tall, thin build, wearing a white shirt with long blue sleeves and blue jeans.
No injuries were reported.
While officers were on the scene, a unidentified man opened fire on a group of people in a nearby parking lot.
The man then fled north on 7th Street.
Several officers gave chase of the man but lost him in nearby Franklin Square.
Police tell Action News that nobody was injured during the incident.
philadelphia, center city, shooting, fight, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 43 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved 46 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 5 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 35 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
43 min ago
- Group calls on Phila. City Council for...
41 min ago