License of suspect in Haddon Twp. hit-and-run suspended 58 times
HADDON TWP, N.J. - March 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned that the driver charged in the fatal hit-and-run in Haddon Township has had his license suspended dozens of times in the past.
50-year-old Timothy Polijczuk of Mount Ephraim was charged with Leaving the Scene of an Accident With a Fatality, Causing Death While Driving On a Suspended License and Operating a Motor Vehicle on a Suspended License.
The New Jersey Department of Motor Vehicles tells Action News that Polijczuk has had his license suspended 58 times since 1980.
Police say Polijczuk was driving a blue Chevrolet truck with a refrigeration box mounted to the bed of it when he struck 67-year-old Joyce Putmon of Blackwood, as she crossed the Black Horse Pike in Haddon Township shortly before 7:00 p.m. Sunday.
Investigators say it appears as though the victim was going from the Audubon Shopping Center to the bus stop when she was struck.
The truck was registered to The Crab Shop in Mount Ephraim, a business which Polijczuk owns.
Putmon was pronounced dead at Cooper University Hospital in Camden about a half hour after being struck.
It appears the victim was going from the Audubon Shopping Center to the bus stop when she was hit.
The truck involved in the fatality was found on Monday morning after police received a tip from a member of the public who saw news reports about the death.
The vehicle was found at Essex Street and King Street in Gloucester City.
Polijczuk was also issued numerous motor vehicle violations and is being held at the Camden County Jail in lieu of $192,500 bail.
new jersey, camden county, accident, hit and run, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 43 min ago
- Breezy And Mild! 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
43 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos