Shooting victim flags down police in Kensington
KENSINGTON - March 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A shooting victim managed to flag down police after being struck by gunfire late Sunday night in the Kensington section of Philadelphia.
The shooting happened around 11:00 p.m. in the 700 block of East Tioga Street.
Police say the victim was shot in the back and chest while riding a bicycle.
He got the attention of officers who rushed him to Temple University Hospital.
The man, whose name has not been released, is listed in critical but stable condition.
philadelphia, kensington, shooting, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend! 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro 33 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Suspect sketch in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 49 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
35 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos