Johnny Rockets robbery a possible inside job
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - March 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have released a surveillance image of the man they think robbed the Johnny Rockets restaurant at Bally's Hotel/Casino early Sunday morning.
Investigators say it was 3:55 a.m. when Atlantic City Police responded to the casino, located in the 1900 block of Boardwalk, for the report of an armed robbery.
Arriving officers spoke with the restaurant manager who said a man knocked on the rear door of the restaurant and stated he was "Bally's security." When she opened the door the suspect held a gun to her forehead and said if she didn't cooperate with his demands, he would shoot her.
He then ordered her to open the safe and place the money into deposit bags. The gunman then took the deposit bags and put them into a backpack.
Before fleeing, the suspect tied the manager up, binding her wrists and feet together, and then threw her to the ground.
The suspect left by Park Place on a bike heading north toward Pacific Avenue. It is believed that a second male brought the bike to the location on Park Place.
According to investigators, the entrance used by the suspect is accessible to employees only. Furthermore, the pants and shoes the suspects had on matched the uniform worn by all employees of the restaurant. Investigators are now looking into the possibility that the suspect is a current or former employee of the restaurant.
The manager was eventually able to free her hand and call police.
The suspect is described as a black or Hispanic male, 5'8", medium build, last seen wearing a black baggy coat, khaki pants, black gloves, and black slip resistant server style shoes.
Anyone with information is urged to contact investigators at 609-347-5766. Information can be submitted anonymously by calling Crimestoppers at 609-652-1234 or by submitting a text to 847411 (TIP411) beginning your text with ACPD.
atlantic city, atlantic county, new jersey, robbery, local/state
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 8 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes