Dance studio owner charged with identity theft
MIDDLETOWN, Del. - March 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- The owner of a Delaware dance studio has been charged with using a customer's credit card information to pay for a trip to California.
Asa Jones, 40, of the 200 block of Patriots Way in Elkton, Maryland, is charged with identity theft and unlawful use of a credit card.
Jones runs the Live, Love and Dance Studio on West Main Street in Middletown, Delaware.
Police say Jones used the credit card and personal information of a 35-year-old Townsend, Delaware woman whose daughter was taking dance classes at the studio to pay for plane tickets, a hotel room and a helicopter ride during a trip to California.
After a month-long investigation, police arrested Jones at her home last week.
Investigators say searches of her home and the dance studio turned up evidence of this crime, and more identity thefts that may have involved other victims.
Police are asking customers of the Live, Love and Dance Studio to check their credit or debit accounts and also to call Detective Sorrels at the New Castle County Police Department, 302-395-2673, or contact him by email at email@example.com .
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 26 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew...
26 min ago
- Shelter Me: Voorhees Animal Orphanage
17 min ago