Female pedestrian killed in Delaware crash
CENTERVILLE, Del. (AP) - March 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a female pedestrian was struck and killed by a car as she crossed the road.
The collision occurred just after 8:00 p.m. Wednesday on Kennett Pike in Centerville.
Police say 73-year-old Frances Goode of Wilmington was crossing from the west side of the road to the east when she was struck by a northbound Subaru Outback. She died of her injuries at Christiana Hospital.
Kennett Pike was closed in both directions as troopers cleared the crash and investigated. No charges have been brought against the driver.
pedestrian struck, delaware, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos