It will cost more to rebuild Belmar's boardwalk
BELMAR, N.J. (AP) - March 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- It's going to cost nearly $2.5 million more than first thought to rebuild Belmar's boardwalk that was destroyed by Superstorm Sandy.
The town's engineering firm underestimated the original $6.6 million dollar project.
Belmar administrator Colleen Connolly says Birdsall Engineering based the reconstruction on the walkway being 25 feet wide. However, the boardwalk is wider than that in spots.
Connolly also says beach ramps need to be reconfigured to comply with the Americans With Disabilities Act.
The town council will review the change order at its Wednesday night meeting.
hurricane sandy - nj shore, new jersey, local/state
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club 56 min ago
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip...
56 min ago