Elmwood Park Zoo loses beloved jaguar
NORRISTOWN, Pa. - March 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- It is a sad day for a zoo in Montgomery County, Pa.
A beloved animal has passed away.
Officials at the Elmwood Park Zoo say Anasazi, a 19-year-old male jaguar, has died due to complications from kidney failure and cancer.
Anasazi was brought to Elmwood Park Zoo when he was just 1 year old.
The zoo says the big cat was so popular, his likeness was used to create the zoo logo.
Officials add that despite his illness, Anasazi lived 2 years longer than the average jaguar.
pennsylvania, animals, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 44 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 55 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 57 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 59 min ago
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
55 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
44 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun...
59 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos