Elmwood Park Zoo loses beloved jaguar
NORRISTOWN, Pa. - March 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- It is a sad day for a zoo in Montgomery County, Pa.
A beloved animal has passed away.
Officials at the Elmwood Park Zoo say Anasazi, a 19-year-old male jaguar, has died due to complications from kidney failure and cancer.
Anasazi was brought to Elmwood Park Zoo when he was just 1 year old.
The zoo says the big cat was so popular, his likeness was used to create the zoo logo.
Officials add that despite his illness, Anasazi lived 2 years longer than the average jaguar.
pennsylvania, animals, local/state
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 15 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden 43 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 3 min ago
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party 10 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 16 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos