I-95 reopens at Cottman after repairs
TACONY - March 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- I-95 at Cottman Avenue has reopened after emergency repairs caused that section of the highway to close for 45 minutes Tuesday night.
The roadway was closed in both directions due to a problem with two overhead wires.
PECO officials say a crane accidently hit the lines earlier causing them to dangle over the highway.
The lines were safely removed.
The closure began around 6:15 p.m. and lasted until 6:49 p.m.
philadelphia, tacony, local/state
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware 46 min ago
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
46 min ago