Center City building evacuated due to smoke
CENTER CITY - March 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Smoke caused the evacuation of a Center City building Tuesday night.
Smoke was showing from the fifth floor of the North American Building in the 100 block of South Broad Street around 8:00 p.m.
As a precaution, the building was evacuated.
The incident was declared under control in about a half hour.
No injuries were reported.
philadelphia, center city, fire, local/state
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 26 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection 23 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 8 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 3 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Skippack student hospitalized with...
23 min ago