Center City building evacuated due to smoke
CENTER CITY - March 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Smoke caused the evacuation of a Center City building Tuesday night.
Smoke was showing from the fifth floor of the North American Building in the 100 block of South Broad Street around 8:00 p.m.
As a precaution, the building was evacuated.
The incident was declared under control in about a half hour.
No injuries were reported.
philadelphia, center city, fire, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 56 min ago
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 10 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ