Rescue crews pull 3 people from Schuylkill River
PHILADELPHIA - March 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia rescue dive teams plucked three people from the icy Schuylkill River Wednesday morning.
A man fell into the water near Shawmont Avenue and Nixon Street in the Roxborough neighborhood around 12:30 a.m.
His two friends, a man and a woman, jumped in to save him, but later found themselves in deep trouble because of the frigid water temperature.
Dive teams rescued everyone.
They were all taken to the hospital to be treated for hypothermia.
water rescue, philadelphia, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 1 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Florida Rep. Radel returns from rehab
34 min ago