Rescue crews pull 3 people from Schuylkill River
PHILADELPHIA - March 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia rescue dive teams plucked three people from the icy Schuylkill River Wednesday morning.
A man fell into the water near Shawmont Avenue and Nixon Street in the Roxborough neighborhood around 12:30 a.m.
His two friends, a man and a woman, jumped in to save him, but later found themselves in deep trouble because of the frigid water temperature.
Dive teams rescued everyone.
They were all taken to the hospital to be treated for hypothermia.
water rescue, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy 56 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 23 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 21 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 22 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
56 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate...
52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
40 min ago