Rescue crews pull 3 people from Schuylkill River
PHILADELPHIA - March 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia rescue dive teams plucked three people from the icy Schuylkill River Wednesday morning.
A man fell into the water near Shawmont Avenue and Nixon Street in the Roxborough neighborhood around 12:30 a.m.
His two friends, a man and a woman, jumped in to save him, but later found themselves in deep trouble because of the frigid water temperature.
Dive teams rescued everyone.
They were all taken to the hospital to be treated for hypothermia.
water rescue, philadelphia, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Tracking More Snow 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man abducted, robbed and shot in Rhawnhurst 22 min ago
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Tracking More Snow
31 min ago
- Katherine Scott reports on the storm...
51 min ago
- John Rawlins reports from Cherry Hill on...
44 min ago
- Man abducted, robbed and shot in Rhawnhurst
22 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos