Rescue crews pull 3 people from Schuylkill River
PHILADELPHIA - March 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia rescue dive teams plucked three people from the icy Schuylkill River Wednesday morning.
A man fell into the water near Shawmont Avenue and Nixon Street in the Roxborough neighborhood around 12:30 a.m.
His two friends, a man and a woman, jumped in to save him, but later found themselves in deep trouble because of the frigid water temperature.
Dive teams rescued everyone.
They were all taken to the hospital to be treated for hypothermia.
water rescue, philadelphia, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 41 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 2 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church 8 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 26 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 17 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 26 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
18 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
2 min ago