Police ID woman who died in fall at Pa. school
NORTH WALES, Pa. - March 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have identified a 74-year-old woman who died after tripping and falling down the steps during a flea market benefit at a suburban Philadelphia elementary school.
Police say Harleysville resident Carloyn Blum was with her daughter at the "Mommy Market" flea market event at North Wales Elementary School on Saturday morning. Acting North Wales police Chief Terry Hammerstone tells The Reporter of Lansdale Blum tripped, fell down a flight of stairs and hit her head.
She was flown to a hospital, where she died Sunday.
A funeral is scheduled for Thursday.
Information from: The Reporter, http://www.thereporteronline.com
montgomery county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Brisk And Cold 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken 26 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 52 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Brisk And Cold
58 min ago
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
26 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
52 min ago