Police ID woman who died in fall at Pa. school
NORTH WALES, Pa. - March 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have identified a 74-year-old woman who died after tripping and falling down the steps during a flea market benefit at a suburban Philadelphia elementary school.
Police say Harleysville resident Carloyn Blum was with her daughter at the "Mommy Market" flea market event at North Wales Elementary School on Saturday morning. Acting North Wales police Chief Terry Hammerstone tells The Reporter of Lansdale Blum tripped, fell down a flight of stairs and hit her head.
She was flown to a hospital, where she died Sunday.
A funeral is scheduled for Thursday.
Information from: The Reporter, http://www.thereporteronline.com
montgomery county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow is turning the ground white again! 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app 39 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware 6 min ago
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Snow is turning the ground white again!
15 min ago
- Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
6 min ago