Man charged in NY crash that killed couple, baby
NEW YORK (AP) - March 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man arrested in connection with a New York car crash that killed a rabbinical college student, his pregnant wife and their baby has been charged with criminally negligent homicide and other offenses.
Julio Acevedo was arraigned Thursday in state Supreme Court in Brooklyn and was ordered held without bail. He was also charged with three counts of assault and other offenses.
He arrived in the city earlier Thursday after agreeing to be returned from Pennsylvania, where he had surrendered Wednesday.
Police in New York say Acevedo left the scene of Sunday's fatal crash. He's accused of speeding down a Brooklyn street and crashing into a car carrying 21-year-olds Nachman and Raizy Glauber.
Acevedo has told the Daily News he was fleeing someone who was trying to shoot at him.
The Glaubers died Sunday. Their premature son was delivered by cesarean section and died Monday.
pennsylvania, bethlehem, new york city, hit and run, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 27 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 39 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 12 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 3 min ago
- Officials: Feb. pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 24 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 12 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
4 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
39 min ago