Pedestrian struck pickup truck in Mullica Hill
MULLICA HILL, N.J. - March 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a pedestrian is in critical condition after being struck by a pickup truck in Mullica Hill, Gloucester County early Thursday morning.
The accident occurred just before 2:30 am. at the Route 55 overpass in the Richwood section of Harrison Township
Police say a 53-year-old male from Glassboro driving a 2013 Ford 150 pickup truck had taken the off ramp onto Mullica Hill Road and was merging onto Mullica Hill Road eastbound towards Glassboro when he struck the 26-year-old male victim who was reportedly walking in the eastbound lane.
The pedestrian who sustained serious injuries was transported to Kennedy Hospital in Washington Township was later transferred to Cooper University Hospital and was listed in critical condition.
According to authorities, the pedestrian's vehicle, a 2000 Honda Accord, was parked, reportedly disabled, on the shoulder of Mullica Hill Road approximately ¼ mile east of the crash scene.
The accident remains under investigation.
accident, pedestrian struck, gloucester county, new jersey, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 19 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos