Pedestrian struck pickup truck in Mullica Hill
MULLICA HILL, N.J. - March 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a pedestrian is in critical condition after being struck by a pickup truck in Mullica Hill, Gloucester County early Thursday morning.
The accident occurred just before 2:30 am. at the Route 55 overpass in the Richwood section of Harrison Township
Police say a 53-year-old male from Glassboro driving a 2013 Ford 150 pickup truck had taken the off ramp onto Mullica Hill Road and was merging onto Mullica Hill Road eastbound towards Glassboro when he struck the 26-year-old male victim who was reportedly walking in the eastbound lane.
The pedestrian who sustained serious injuries was transported to Kennedy Hospital in Washington Township was later transferred to Cooper University Hospital and was listed in critical condition.
According to authorities, the pedestrian's vehicle, a 2000 Honda Accord, was parked, reportedly disabled, on the shoulder of Mullica Hill Road approximately ¼ mile east of the crash scene.
The accident remains under investigation.
accident, pedestrian struck, gloucester county, new jersey, local/state
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane 49 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 12 min ago
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos