Pedestrian struck pickup truck in Mullica Hill
MULLICA HILL, N.J. - March 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a pedestrian is in critical condition after being struck by a pickup truck in Mullica Hill, Gloucester County early Thursday morning.
The accident occurred just before 2:30 am. at the Route 55 overpass in the Richwood section of Harrison Township
Police say a 53-year-old male from Glassboro driving a 2013 Ford 150 pickup truck had taken the off ramp onto Mullica Hill Road and was merging onto Mullica Hill Road eastbound towards Glassboro when he struck the 26-year-old male victim who was reportedly walking in the eastbound lane.
The pedestrian who sustained serious injuries was transported to Kennedy Hospital in Washington Township was later transferred to Cooper University Hospital and was listed in critical condition.
According to authorities, the pedestrian's vehicle, a 2000 Honda Accord, was parked, reportedly disabled, on the shoulder of Mullica Hill Road approximately ¼ mile east of the crash scene.
The accident remains under investigation.
accident, pedestrian struck, gloucester county, new jersey, local/state
- Faith-healing couple held on $250,000 a piece 1 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today 36 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution 53 min ago
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport