Pedestrian struck pickup truck in Mullica Hill
MULLICA HILL, N.J. - March 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a pedestrian is in critical condition after being struck by a pickup truck in Mullica Hill, Gloucester County early Thursday morning.
The accident occurred just before 2:30 am. at the Route 55 overpass in the Richwood section of Harrison Township
Police say a 53-year-old male from Glassboro driving a 2013 Ford 150 pickup truck had taken the off ramp onto Mullica Hill Road and was merging onto Mullica Hill Road eastbound towards Glassboro when he struck the 26-year-old male victim who was reportedly walking in the eastbound lane.
The pedestrian who sustained serious injuries was transported to Kennedy Hospital in Washington Township was later transferred to Cooper University Hospital and was listed in critical condition.
According to authorities, the pedestrian's vehicle, a 2000 Honda Accord, was parked, reportedly disabled, on the shoulder of Mullica Hill Road approximately ¼ mile east of the crash scene.
The accident remains under investigation.
accident, pedestrian struck, gloucester county, new jersey, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ