Armed invasion at south Jersey group home
EAST GREENWICH, N.J. - March 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a home invasion robbery at a group home for disabled residents in East Greenwich, New Jersey early Thursday morning.
The invasion occurred around 3:00 a.m. at the facility located on the 200 block of Whiskey Mill Road in East Greenwich, Gloucester County.
Police say the robbery began when one of the group home's employees was taking out the trash. That's when three armed men entered the home and tied up and duct taped four employees.
The suspects then made off with an unknown amount of items and property, authorities say.
There were no injuries.
Investigators are working on getting descriptions of the robbers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact East Greenwich Police at 609-853-0911.
home invasion, gloucester county, new jersey, local/state
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish