Armed invasion at south Jersey group home
EAST GREENWICH, N.J. - March 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a home invasion robbery at a group home for disabled residents in East Greenwich, New Jersey early Thursday morning.
The invasion occurred around 3:00 a.m. at the facility located on the 200 block of Whiskey Mill Road in East Greenwich, Gloucester County.
Police say the robbery began when one of the group home's employees was taking out the trash. That's when three armed men entered the home and tied up and duct taped four employees.
The suspects then made off with an unknown amount of items and property, authorities say.
There were no injuries.
Investigators are working on getting descriptions of the robbers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact East Greenwich Police at 609-853-0911.
home invasion, gloucester county, new jersey, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 26 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 7 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
7 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
26 min ago